We at Park Slope Afterschool Center are thrilled to have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of your children for the 2017-18 school year. We understand that each child should be honored as an individual, and to meet the needs of the child we must work with each family as a whole. It is our goal to provide an affordable, quality, out-of- school-time childcare program for PS 107 students. The rich and nurturing after school childcare program, led by dedicated PS 107 teachers and staff, provides quiet time for homework, recreation, and a wide selection of classes in the arts, sports, languages, and more.
Our specialty classes, offered for free to children regularly enrolled in our Afterschool program, are now ready for review. You can make class requests starting at 9:00 AM on December 14th. We ask that you take the time to carefully read some important information to keep in mind about registering for Afterschool and our specialty programs:
- If you have not yet registered your children in the PSACC program, please be sure to create an account via the PSACC Afterschool Family Portal first. No children will be added to classes unless they have an account in our system. For those who have an account, please login to update your children’s grade levels. Your children must also be registered in the portal according to grade, and the annual $110 registreation fee must be paid by September 1st. (There is a 10% early-bird discount off the registration fee for those who register by August 24th — enter code KIDS1718 at checkout.)
- All families wanting to register for PSACC and submit specialty class requests must complete the specialty class enrollment form, which includes: type of enrollment, days of the week for which you wish to register, choice of classes, and whether your family wants to be placed on an automatic payment plan. All forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm on August 1st.
- Classes will be selected by lottery to ensure fairness and not on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Class sizes are limited to provide a safe and learning-rich environment. Although families may request multiple classes per day, we will not place children in more than one class per day until we make sure all children have been placed in a class.
- Due to the limited space in classes, families should not request a class for their child that they will not be able to attend continuously or for the entire class time. For those who do not attend regularly or stay for the entire class, we reserve the right to give that spot to a child that is able to do so.
- Any request to change membership type or class enrollment must be made in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Families are able to make changes to membership type only once per session.
- We rely on families paying their full balance from the end of the last fiscal year in order to provide children with services for the upcoming school year. We are unable to allow families to register for the fall session if there is a balance on the account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about previous charges.
- We pride ourselves on offering a high-quality program at a very affordable rate. We do understand that any family can face financial hardships due to unfortunate circumstances. We encourage anyone who is in need to apply for financial assistance by completing our application found at http://www.psafterschool.org/scholarship/.
I personally look forward to moving into my second year as Executive Director at PSACC and to working with each of you. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (347) 786- 0483.
Park Slope Afterschool Center